Sibling Hierarchy

The hub of Aura activity, the cortex that binds the forum together.
Melana
Distgrunted Hero

Post by Melana » Wed Sep 28, 2005 3:12 pm

Oldest, youngest....middle child...only child.

Which are you? Where are you in the pecking order? Whose daddy's little princess? Whose Mummy's little Angel? Whose the neglected child shunted in the corner wearing hand me downs for the rest of there life? Where you spoilt? Weren't you spoilt enough?

Siblings, Families. Discuss
EchoPark
Vagabond

Post by EchoPark » Wed Sep 28, 2005 3:40 pm

Hmm am the oldest out of 3. I have 2 sisters, 18 and 6 i think. I'm the blue eyed boy which cant do much wrong. And my wee sis whos 6 is the spoiled lil brat. Then there Chaz whos 18. Shes the black sheep.
nakodai
Trainee

Post by nakodai » Wed Sep 28, 2005 4:08 pm

i'm the oldest of two kids. my younger brother, who's turning fourteen this year, is how you would say, the apple of my mother's eye. but i've never really been close to either of my parents, or most others in my family, so i suppose that would make me the black sheep, no? 'put your shoes on and come to church,' was like a mantra for them...

surprisingly enough, my brother and i get on very well, though he always beats me at gran turismo when i go to visit... o_0;;
Chewi
Anti-Hero

Post by Chewi » Wed Sep 28, 2005 4:48 pm

Tog dog. Out of all my cousins too. The first and the best. :D
mog
Trainee

Post by mog » Wed Sep 28, 2005 6:25 pm

Man, if the "tog dog" is the best, I'd hate to see the others. :D

2 of 2. My sister is 6+ years older than I.
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Wed Sep 28, 2005 6:54 pm

oldest till about year 6, then 2 brothers were adopted in, then 5 years later 1 sister was born. parents arent the type to spoil anyone. but my sister being the youngest and the only girl manages to break them everyonce in a while.
Evil Matt
Enforcer

Post by Evil Matt » Thu Sep 29, 2005 3:57 am

I'm oldest of three. I've always been the problem child too, believe it or not. Andrew and Jenny are gossamer angels compared to Matt. I claim to be my parents' trial run, allowing them to test the art of raising a sane child.

A few years ago my two stepsisters joined the family, and they're both in their twenties but I'm still oldest by a jot.
Super Goat Weed
Anti-Hero

Post by Super Goat Weed » Thu Sep 29, 2005 4:35 am

my sister is a spoiled brat

my brother... he could get away with murder... seriously, he's a charmer

me, i'm not the worst off. i get ignored i think, but i'd rather be ignored then have them on my case. sometimes that happens with the other two.
April
Enforcer

Post by April » Thu Sep 29, 2005 6:42 am

I'm a middle child. Older sister, and then younger brother Shane which whom you all know.

Tina(my older sister)...never got away with anything with my parents. She was a holy terror. That and...she is bi-polar, so it's to be expected at times.

Myself...I'm the only one who doesn't have a biological father in my life.
I've only ever had my mother. My brother's dad, raised me...but it's still not the same to me at times. Even though to me...he is Daddy. Erm...I never got away with thing's completely. I did sometimes. But, not always. It tended to go both way's.

Shane...he is the baby. So he alway's get's away with every single little thing. Always. Though...he never did much to get into trouble or anything.

None of us were ever spoiled. We never went without the thing's we needed though. And it's safe to say...it's still like that. ^^
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Thu Sep 29, 2005 8:37 am

The eldest of three, I don't know if I was spoiled or not .. both my siblings where so I assume I must also have been, but material possesions and wants never ranked high on the scale of importance for me, plus I was very easily amused and pleased, which I am to this day. :P
Spider Jerusalem
Solider

Post by Spider Jerusalem » Fri Sep 30, 2005 9:12 am

Only Child.

My god, that explains me so well!
Melana
Distgrunted Hero

Post by Melana » Sat Oct 01, 2005 2:29 pm

Hmm we are a mixed bunch then aren't we?

I'm the eldest of three girls. (argh girls :P) middle is 20 and the youngest is 14.

We probably all get spoilt to a degree....but in my family your not actually affectionate to people, you just buy them stuff. :S

Also when it comes to being spoilt.... there is alot of difference to now and when we where kids. Circumstances change etc.

I was most definately the practice child.... much watching of quality shows like Ophrah and Dr Phil makes my mum actually want to have a hand in parenting :P.

Sometimes i wish i had been a shit of a kid because if I had been ...then my sisters wouldn't of been able to do any of the crap they can do now. Because my parents think if I can be responsible they can be responsible.. :P

I've also come to terms....though somewhat bitterly that being a perfect child for my parents is impossible.
Xanien
Not-A-Deserter

Post by Xanien » Sat Oct 01, 2005 4:23 pm

Am I the only middle child hear? I think my sister got it rough, and my brother was let off easy . . . but I'm defintely the favorite of both my parents, even though they are divorced. Yay me . . . too bad I'm in Japan. Probably why my mom cried so much when I left.
Melana
Distgrunted Hero

Post by Melana » Sun Oct 02, 2005 3:28 am

aww your poor mum
cenee
Enforcer

Post by cenee » Wed Oct 05, 2005 7:04 pm

My whole life, I was the oldest of 2 girls by 5 yrs, but about 3 yrs ago my family went through this real life "Unsolved Mysteries" upheaval and now we are 4. I have 2 older brothers that after a lifetime of being MIA found their way back to the fold.

One's a redneck trucker, the other a surfer dude. And little by little each day, we are getting to know each other. It looks like I have most in common with the redneck. ;_; Nah, he's great. Really. The surfer dude, well, he's waaay out there. Really.

As far as my place in the food chain... well, with a sister like mine... I'm numero uno. My bro keeps giving me these lectures on leadership. He's ex army. I'm certain that it is only his way of seeing to his own piece of mind. Or to put it quite simply... dodging the responsibilities of kinship care to the insane.
Last edited by cenee on Wed Oct 05, 2005 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.