FFAlpha RIP; The Battle Continues

The hub of Aura activity, the cortex that binds the forum together.
Toe Nail
Whelp

Post by Toe Nail » Tue Apr 19, 2005 2:11 am

Why did you close the last topic? Everyone there was wrong. The best administration lets people solve their own damned problems. They keep spam from crappping up a forum, appoint "moderators" too "moderate" these skirmishes (not stop them, just make sure people like Nos don't post 5,000,000,000 pictures of the same fucking thing. We got the point asshole, but, obviously, he didn't WANT to ignore you! Maybe we need to post the same fucking picture of the words "HE WANTS TO ARGUE THIS" over and over for YOU. Dumbass). And make sure people don't post anything TOO inappropriate (Kaos can inform everyone about this).

When you close a thread, you just cause more problems in your forum. You piss off members who were just casual observers that found the topic interesting (points to self) and then end up possibly having to ban people over, what is really, a non-issue.

P.S.

Rot in hell FFAlpha.

More P.S.

Learn from their mistakes, open the thread up, and let it die out on its own. Trust me, it works.
kaos
Noble Warrior

Post by kaos » Tue Apr 19, 2005 2:15 am

???
Chewi
Anti-Hero

Post by Chewi » Tue Apr 19, 2005 2:16 am

That's why I very seldom close topics. I wasn't the one who closed it but I don't blame him for doing so. That lot just don't know when to quit.
Toe Nail
Whelp

Post by Toe Nail » Tue Apr 19, 2005 2:24 am

Well, i say let them kill eachother off as we sit back and enjoy the show! And yes, you always have been good with your authority. I still say we should open it back up.

And Johnny, all i have to say is "Horsie." Hahaha.
Masteroftheweb
Vagabond

Post by Masteroftheweb » Tue Apr 19, 2005 2:56 am

I disagree, let them argue it on there own time and there own place. People don't fight and come to a conclusion on the net. In the heat of a real life arguement, both parties walk away and calm down, because there are no real records... in the heat of forum arguement there are posts that don't go away... so there is no cooling off period.
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Tue Apr 19, 2005 8:37 am

The main person who was keeping the fire of the arguement lit has been banned kinda redunant
Spider Jerusalem
Solider

Post by Spider Jerusalem » Tue Apr 19, 2005 9:41 am

!

I love you Mik.

But not the way I love Dani.
WildCard
Not-A-Deserter

Post by WildCard » Tue Apr 19, 2005 11:08 am

you know, holding a discussion or in this case, bitching about a forum that is now dead and not even up anymore is quite possibly one of the stupidest things you can do. don't you have anything actually WORTH bitching about? unno like say...the war in iraq or perhaps about something bullshitty a government has done lately? oh and by no means is nos a dumbass, he was just quite simply trying to humiliate shin. you see, that makes him an asshole. there's a rather large difference there. learn it would ya.
Mik
Born under a bad sign

Post by Mik » Tue Apr 19, 2005 11:43 am

nah, if we are gonna have this thread lets keep in on-topic, kk thanks.

I personally think you assholes should be fucking ashamed of yourselves, the guy was a bit of a tard but you set him up
Morbid Angel
Solider

Post by Morbid Angel » Tue Apr 19, 2005 11:48 am

Toe Nail wrote:Well, i say let them kill eachother off as we sit back and enjoy the show! And yes, you always have been good with your authority. I still say we should open it back up.

And Johnny, all i have to say is "Horsie." Hahaha.
Usually, I like drama, but watching that is just painful.
Super Goat Weed
Anti-Hero

Post by Super Goat Weed » Tue Apr 19, 2005 1:15 pm

which one got banned?

am i gonna stand up an applaud?
WildCard
Not-A-Deserter

Post by WildCard » Tue Apr 19, 2005 1:19 pm

Lastwolf wrote:nah, if we are gonna have this thread lets keep in on-topic, kk thanks.

I personally think you assholes should be fucking ashamed of yourselves, the guy was a bit of a tard but you set him up
i didn't set anyone up. i got on aura saw new posts in very few threads, saw the bs that was going on. saw nobody doing jack shit like usual about it, stated my mind about his idiocy and basically told everyone to shutup. i nearly had ross shutup but shin decided to drag it out rather than shutup like ross was trying to do. my point about that guy was proven by himself. he does not know when to shutup and drop something. so considering i felt it amusing after that i made a few jokes. fastest way for anyone to learn is through humiliation...i know, i've been there and done that. the sad fact is, that moron doesn't even know how to learn from that and i even tried to be his friend for a long time. it just does not work; he does not learn and he carries this shit over on to another forum aswell. i get banned or thrown in a box on it every time his bs gets shown for what it is anywhere just cause i made a few jokes or tried to get him to shown some damn restraint. why should people bend over for what he believes about others? nova isn't all that bad of a guy, ffalpha wasn't that bad of a forum when it started from what i understand. sure it had it's share of dickheads and such but goddamn, shin does not know how to accept the fact people have opinions that do not revolve around his. you don't like the fact myself and ross have the stones to tell that prick and anyone else like him where to shove it...oh well.

i honestly didn't expect to see him banned though, people have done far worse on here and he didn't really say or do anything worse than ross, myself or anyone in a situation like that. he flung shit, cracked jokes and such like everyone else did. if he was childish enough to tell someone to ban him, then he's an outright retard.
Super Goat Weed
Anti-Hero

Post by Super Goat Weed » Tue Apr 19, 2005 1:20 pm

*applauds*
Chewi
Anti-Hero

Post by Chewi » Tue Apr 19, 2005 1:23 pm

He asked for his account to be deleted. I didn't see how that would help. In the end, Shane simply banned him.
Super Goat Weed
Anti-Hero

Post by Super Goat Weed » Tue Apr 19, 2005 1:34 pm

so his account is gone?

that's not exactly banning, i mean he COULD just start another account. Still though, if he did it himself, he's either gone for good, or at least taking a break for a bit.

or planing something evil...